Thursday, August 5, 2010

2 Days To Go!

Those of you who know me well enough will know that I'm only a morning person if you're talking about 1 in the morning, and when I can, I avoid real mornings altogether.  This summer has been no exception.  I've been staying up as late as 4:30 some nights, and I usually haven't been getting up until about 1:30 in the afternoon.  But now that the start of grad school is creeping ever so nearer, my mom keeps insisting that I try to readjust my sleeping schedule by going to bed earlier and getting up earlier.  I've given in a little this week and started setting my alarm for 12 rather than 1, but I don't see the point of trying to adjust right now.  Reason being, I'm leaving for Clemson on Friday night, and it's an eleven-hour drive, which my dad, in his infinite wisdom, has decided to do overnight, even though he's one of those people who goes to bed early and gets up early.  So any attempt to fix my sleeping schedule is most likely going to be thrown completely out of whack by this overnight road trip.  You're probably asking why I can't just sleep in the car.  Well, I've found that, no matter how hard I try, I just can't.  I can fall asleep virtually anywhere else, but in a moving vehicle, I can only sleep sporadically. 

I'm also kinda p.o.'d that my parents won't let me do any of the driving, even though I'm more used to being up late than either of them are.  Their excuse is that I don't know the way there and I don't have enough experience driving on the Interstate.  Number one, none of us have driven to Clemson before, so we're all in the same boat here.  Number two, I may not have driven a car in quite a while, but you never really forget how to drive.  Number three, I'm going to have to learn to drive on the Interstate sooner or later, so better now while my parents are still there to guide me than trying to learn on my own later. 

But, there's just no convincing them.  Where else did I get my stubbornness from?  Oh, well, just thought I'd vent a little here and get it out of my system.  Peace out, world! 

B-)

No comments:

Post a Comment