Friday, November 27, 2009

World's Worst Gift Ideas

As I returned home to Pennsylvania this Thanksgiving weekend and sat down to watch TV for the first time in ages, I knew soon enough that the Christmas season will soon be upon us, because the Pennsylvania Lottery has started showing this year's version of their "Lottery Tickets Make Great Gifts" commercial (I'd provide a YouTube link, but I couldn't find one).  I beg to differ.  Lottery tickets do NOT make great gifts, because most of them have less than a 1-in-1000 chance of actually being worth something significant.  If you're really trying to show someone how much you care about them, giving them a lottery ticket in lieu of any other gift is not really a good way to do it.  And guys, they're definitely NOT a good gift idea for your girlfriends.  "Oh, you got me a lottery ticket... this means that there's a one-in-a-million chance that you care about me very, very much, or more likely that you don't care squat about me!  Thanks... you're the best!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment