Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Good Man Is Hard to Find

I just got back from Loyola's annual Snow Ball at Camden Yards.  The bus that took us back to LoCo had a few less seats than passengers in need of a ride, and all but one of those who had to stand or sit on a friend's lap were of the female gender.  If I hadn't already been standing, I would have gladly given up my seat to a lady.  All of the other guys on the bus were sitting.  This is utterly shameful!  Whatever happened to the days when guys used to be gentlemen?  Fellows, you're not going to win a girl's heart by making her stand on the bus, especially when she's wearing heels (as the driver was quick to remind us).  If you choose to keep your seat, you're just showing that you're so weak that you can't even stand up for just a few minutes and show a common courtesy towards a lady.   Trust me guys, women don't care for men who are weak.  I myself had spent the last two hours doing some pretty intense dancing - and I'm not even that athletic!-  plus I was running on very little sleep; and yet I was able to remain standing until we got back to Loyola.  I'm sure you all can do better than I did.  Guys, if a girl needs a seat, let her have yours.  Also try to hold the door for her if necessary, and if it's raining and you see a girl without an umbrella, share yours with her.  It's just the gentlemanly thing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment