Tuesday, April 13, 2010

2010 Stanley Cup Playoff Predictions

With the Stanley Cup Playoffs starting tomorrow night, it's time for me to make my predictions (though I should be working on my math homework right now instead!)  Last year, I posted them on my Facebook page, but now that I have a blog, I figured this would be the place to post my picks.

A quick recap of the NHL playoff system: The highest-seeded team in each conference plays the lowest-seeded team, the second-highest plays the second-lowest, and so on.  Each playoff series is best-of-seven, with the higher-seeded team hosting games 1, 2, 5, and 7; the lower-seeded team hosts games 3, 4, and 6.  The remaining teams are re-seeded after each round.

Playoff Rankings: 
Eastern Conference: 
1) Washington Capitals
2) New Jersey Devils
3) Buffalo Sabres
4) Pittsburgh Penguins
5) Ottawa Senators
6) Boston Bruins
7) Philadelphia Flyers
8) Montreal Canadiens

Western Conference:
1) San Jose Sharks
2) Chicago Blackhawks
3) Vancouver Canucks
4) Phoenix Coyotes
5) Detroit Red Wings
6) Los Angeles Kings
7) Nashville Predators
8) Colorado Avalanche

And now, without further ado, my picks:

Conference Quarterfinals:
Capitals over Canadiens in 4
Devils over Flyers in 6
Bruins over Sabres in 7
Penguins over Senators in 6

Sharks over Avalanche in 6
Blackhawks over Predators in 5
Canucks over Kings in 6
Red Wings over Coyotes in 7

Conference Semifinals:
Capitals over Bruins in 6
Devils over Penguins in 5

Red Wings over Sharks in 5
Blackhawks over Canucks in 7

Conference Finals:
Capitals over Devils in 4
Blackhawks over Red Wings in 5

Stanley Cup Final:
Blackhawks over Capitals in 6

Got different picks?  Comment with yours!  Happy Prognosticating (and GO PENS!!)

B-)

No comments:

Post a Comment