Thursday, November 10, 2011

NFL Week 10 Predictions

Normally, I don't like to make my picks this early in the week, since there's still plenty of time for late developments like player injuries that can affect the outcome of a game.  But since Thursday Night Football is starting up this week, I have to at least get my prediction for that game posted.  Which I would have done earlier this evening, until I got distracted following the news about the scandal at Penn State and the firing of Joe Paterno.  So here's what I'm gonna do: I'll post my prediction for Thursday's game tonight, then add on to this post later in the week once I have more time and energy.  My loyal readers will just have to trust me that I'm not changing my predictions after the fact.

A quick recap on the standings: Last week, I went a pitiful 7-7 with my predictions.  Or, to be a little more accurate, 7-5 with the predictions I posted, because I somehow forgot to post predictions for the Falcons-Colts and Broncos-Raiders games for some odd reason.  So for the sake of maintaining the integrity of this venture, I'll count those two as incorrect predictions, because to count them as ties would just seem kind of odd.  Which means that I'm now 77-53 (59.2 %) in my predictions so far this season.

And now, onto Thursday night's pick:

Chargers over Raiders
  • Let's face it, neither of these teams' offenses are picture-perfect.  Chargers QB Phillip Rivers leads the league in turnovers, and Carson Palmer has struggled since being thrown into Oakland's starting job two weeks ago.  San Diego has been playing better defense, while Oakland's has struggled this season.  That makes it a tough task for the Raiders' offense, which will be without the services of RB Darren McFadden.  The Raiders beat the Chargers without him last year, but that was back when they still had a decent defense. 
Tune in later this week for the rest of my picks.  Til then, stay frosty, y'all!

B-)
______
UPDATE, 11/12: As promised, here's my picks for the rest of the weekend.  I'm not going into all the details tonight because I haven't been feeling too well this evening and badly need some sleep.  Though if you are curious about why I picked a certain team, you can always leave a comment and I'll try to respond with my rationale tomorrow evening.

Saints over Falcons
Titans over Panthers
Steelers over Bengals
Rams over Browns
Bills over Cowboys
Colts over Jaguars
Broncos over Chiefs
Dolphins over Redskins
Eagles over Cardinals
Texans over Buccaneers
Ravens over Seahawks
Lions over Bears
49ers over Giants
Jets over Patriots
Packers over Vikings

Stay frosty, y'all!

B-)

No comments:

Post a Comment